ztunes music honors auditions
The Ztunes Honors Auditions are dedicated to the promotion of excellence in music performance. Honors Auditions guidelines are set and regulated by Ztunes Music. The Auditions are open to all students who have been studying privately at least 6 months.
2020 Ztunes Honors Auditions Dates:
March 28, 2020
Application Deadline: March 14, 2020
Fees for the Ztunes Honors Auditions:
$10 due at time of application
Piano: 2 contrasting pieces, Memorization is required
Voice: 2 contrasting pieces, Memorization is required
Woodwinds/Brass: 2 contrasting pieces, Memorization is optional
Strings: 2 contrasting pieces, Memorization is optional
Guitar/Ukulele: 2 contrasting pieces, Memorization is optional
A single movement from a sonata or suite may count as one piece. Also, several movements, including selections from theme and variations, may be grouped to count as a single piece, when appropriate. Any other sectional pieces, such as fantasies, must be performed in their entirety.
Audition Time Limits:
There will be no minimum or maximum time limits for repertoire. Students will be allotted the following maximum times for the audition: 10 minutes
For all auditions, entrants must provide the judge with one copy of the music with measures numbered. PHOTOCOPIES AND HANDWRITTEN COPIES ARE PROHIBITED FOR THE JUDGE’S, STUDENT’S, AND ACCOMPANIST’S USE. Accompanists and instrumentalists may use reproductions of single pages to facilitate page turns, but the appropriate published score must also be present on the music stand/rack.
1. Application fees are non-refundable.
2. Auditions will be closed.
3. All auditions are to be performed in person on the specified Ztunes Honors Auditions date. (No recordings, no makeups)
4. The entrant must provide an accompanist if the music calls for it.
5. The decision of the judge is final and cannot be questioned by the participant, teacher, parent or chair.
6. Students may choose the first piece to perform at the auditions. Judges may choose to stop a student on any or all pieces if hearing the pieces in their entirety will exceed the time allotment. Judges may stop students before the maximum time has expired in order to write comments.
7. Comment Sheets and Certificates from the auditions will be given to the teacher of the participating student.
8. COMMENTS ONLY - Students in all divisions may enter for COMMENTS ONLY.
9. All applications will be checked for appropriate literature and signatures of teachers. Applications not meeting these criteria are subject to disqualification.
10. Failure to abide by the rules, regulations and requirements as outlined will result in the disqualification of a contestant.
Awards and Recognition
100% of the entrants will be recognized. 1/3 should receive “Outstanding Performer,” 1/3 should receive “Award of Excellence,” and 1/3 should receive “Honorable Mention” Awards.
Certificate awards will be given for each grade/level as follows:
1. "OUTSTANDING PERFORMER": Students receiving this highest award will receive “Outstanding Performer” on their certificates. These students will be selected by the judge as a “Honors Recitalist” and will perform at the 2020 Ztunes Honors Recital. "Honors Recitalists" may perform a piece different from the auditions repertoire, but the following maximum times must be observed: Grades K-5: 5 minutes, Grades 6-12: 8 minutes.
2. "AWARD OF EXCELLENCE": Students receiving this second highest award will receive “Award of Excellence” on their certificates.
3. "HONORABLE MENTION": Students receiving this third highest award will receive “Honorable Mention” on their certificates.
4. All entrants will receive "Participant" certificates.
2020 Honors Recital Date and Location
Thursday, April 23, 2020
Druid Hills Golf Club